Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pot Roast - What to Eat Wednesday

When I was younger I was given 3 slow cookers in the span of one year. I don't think I ever actually used one until I had kids. Now my slow cooker is one of my best friends.
This week I'm making a Pot Roast.
I'm not usually a leftovers eater. But there are a few exceptions. Pot roast leftovers are fantastic in a quesadilla, on french fries with cheese or in a pot roast pie.

Here is my tried and true Pot Roast recipe

Ingredients:
1/4 cup flour
3-4lb Roast
4-6 small potatoes, washed
1 onion
4 carrots, peeled
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup beef broth
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp dried thyme

Directions
Prep the roast by patting it dry with paper towel and rubbing flour all over it. Brown the outside over medium heat for a few minutes until all the sides are brown. (use a wooden spoon to help flip it)
Put the roast in the slow cooker. Quarter the potatoes and onion and add to the slow cooker. Cut the carrot into bite sized pieces and add to the slow cooker. Add everything else.
Cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 6-8 hours.
Cut pot roast into serving sizes, or shred with a fork and put back in the slow cooker. Cook on low for another hour or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment