Monday, December 19, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

Last night my friend stayed the night. We were up until the wee hours of the morning watching Iron Chef America. I love watching that show because there are so many things where I'm on the edge of my seat ready to lick the television. At the same time there are many dishes that leave me shocked (and grossed out - trout ice cream anyone?)
My husband refuses to eat anything from the squash family. I love pumpkin. So this morning I was able to make pumpkin pancakes without feeling obligated to eat them all myself.

Pumpkin Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c milk
1 c pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 T vegetable oil
2 T vinegar
2 c all-purpose flour
3 T brown sugar
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 t pumpkin pie spice
1/2 t salt

Mix together all the wet ingredients (milk, pumpkin, egg, oil, vinegar).  Mix together the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones. Stir until combined but don't over stir.
Scoop about 1/4c onto a hot griddle or pan. Brown on both sides. Top with butter. (bonus points if it's homemade butter)

I still have a bunch left over so I'm going to freeze them for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment